Permitted Development Telecommunications - Oct. 1st
The erection of telecommunication masts under Permitted
Development is a complicated route which is not covered by this web site. Mobile phone operators used to
enjoy quite a lot of freedom regarding these installations without needing formal Planning Approval. However,
they now have to submit certain details but if the Council does not respond within certain time frames,
Approval for the mast is deemed to have automatically been granted.
What makes a valid application?
Prior Notification - Permitted Development Telecommunications
APPLICATION FOR PRIOR NOTIFICATION OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT IN
RESPECT OF PERMITTED DEVELOPMENT BY ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS CODE OPERATORS
- A completed form or written description of the proposed development
- A plan indicating the proposed location
- The appropriate fee
- Evidence that the developer has given notice of the proposed development in accordance with A.3(1) of
Part 24 of Schedule 2 to the General Permitted Development Order 1995
- Where the proposed development consists of the installation of a mast within three kilometres of the
perimeter of an aerodrome evidence that the developer has notified the Civil Aviation Authority, the
Secretary of State for Defence or the Aerodrome operator in accordance with A.3(2) of Part 24 of Schedule 2
to the General Permitted Development Order 1995
- Supplementary Information Template (as set out in Annex F of the Code of Best Practice on Mobile Phone
Download a pdf guide for Telecommunications Permitted Development...
guidance on telecommunications permitted development